Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20, 2010

My daughter, Jennifer, planted the idea in me to do this (a blog) and actually set it up (several months ago), but God is the one who moved me to start it with the following news. On April 12 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and I am having robotic sugery tomorrow in San Antonio. So my journey begins, and thanks to Jennifer, I will keep you updated.

First and foremost, I am grateful that I can trust God for everything in life. I think of the words of Job; "Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity" (Job 2.10). God has blessed me sooo much in life. Yes, I've had my share of life hardships along with some physical challenges, but overwhelmingly I think of my life as being richly blessed by a loving God. So as I anticipate surgery and a good outcome tomorrow, I thank God for the privilege of trusting Him once again. I trust a loving God who cares infinitely more than I could ever imagine.

I anticipate surgery knowing the love of my family. My wife, Vicki, Jennifer and Mark (along with Jake and Pearce), Bethany and Luke, and Jonathan are amazing with their love and prayers. I am blessed. You can read more at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/halhabecker

I anticipate surgery tomorrow knowing the love of friends. I have had the blessing of at least four different organized prayer events at our church. (What can I say about the outpouring of love through Dallas Bible Church!) I have had notes, calls, emails, and texts from hundreds of friends. I've had dozens of phone calls from family and friends where people have prayed for me over the phone.

So I am at rest and at peace with all God is doing and will do through this journey. I hope my journey will encourage you, and I look forward to all that He will continue to do through my life.

No comments: